Monday, May 25, 2009

Daily Withdrawals

I wonder how many days slip by without much notice. We go through the motions of our lives, sometimes blindly. Days are spent like currency, depleting our banks, but there's no saving for a rainy day. When we are out of days, time is up. So now, I hope to ask myself each day, if this were my last day, is this what I'd want to be doing?

Sadly, most days the answer is no. I need to fix this. Why is it so much harder than it sounds? I have not learned to be authentically happy, or to live in the moment, or to take advantage of every day of my life. I comprehend the ideas, but I am subject to inertia, and movement from this very solidified spot is not without great effort. I need a simple machine and some outside muscle for help. Crow bar anyone????

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly how you feel! Each day I tell myself I will endeavour to do something positive, & not just 'be'. Occasionally I do manage, but it gets harder...
    My brother, who is younger, seems to be suffering from the same inertia- for very different reasons.

    ReplyDelete